- 785,000,000 people do not have access to clean drinking water.
- About 500,000 children die every year from diarrhea caused by unsafe water and poor sanitation.
- According to the World Health Organization, 80% of all illnesses and diseases worldwide are linked to polluted water.
- About every 15 seconds a child dies from waterborne diseases. That's about 10 children, from the moment you visit our website.
To combat this massive problem, we have partnered with MadeBlue. On our behalf, MadeBlue invests in water supply in countries with permanent water scarcity, such as Ethiopia & Tanzania. For every product we sell, we donate 1,000 liters of clean drinking water to the villages of Addis Abbaba, Ethiopia and Ngomai, Tanzania. MadeBlue not only donates the liters of clean drinking water, but also ensures that the water supplies are maintained by local people (who are trained for this), creating an infrastructure of people who benefit from the water supplies. With your order you will receive an official certificate proving that we have donated 1,000 liters of clean drinking water on your behalf for each item you order.
In the first months of our start-up, we received a lot of feedback on the topic of sustainable development. In other words: 'How do we ensure that we have an impact that positively influences people's living conditions, in a way that stimulates permanent development?'. This project ensures sustainable development in the following way:
- MadeBlue is building a well and water supply in a central location surrounded by villages where the facilities are safe from destruction.
- A group of people are trained and trained locally to maintain and manage the water supply on a daily basis.
- All water is made available by MadeBlue ambassadors (for example by us), at no cost to local operators.
- Residents from all surrounding villages can buy clean drinking water nearby at a very low price.
- Several benefits are now being created that lead to sustainable development, resulting in a whole chain of people benefiting (specified in detail below).
- The facility operators/managers generate an income that allows them to send their families to school and improve their living conditions.
- Several villages gain access to clean drinking water, which directly leads to a significant decrease in water-borne diseases in these areas.
- Because these water supplies are very close to the villages, residents can save time and energy in getting their water.
- In some cases, they reduce the time it takes them to get water by 6 hours per day. This time can now be used for other functional purposes.
- Since there are no costs associated with obtaining water for the operators of the facilities, the water is sold at a very low price, leading to a reduction in the cost of obtaining clean drinking water for the entire village.
- The educational programs increase knowledge about entrepreneurship, development and general health in these villages.